Jan 12, 2011

A Year Running

A year ago around this time I had just started training for my first race ever, 4.2 miles (I actually never did this race). I was thinking it was the perfect distance and I was so excited to get out and train in our beautiful Arizona winter weather!

Well as fate would have it my best friend was signing up for a half marathon, her partners had all bailed on her (wanting to run it way too fast for a beginner) and now she was going to have to run alone. She begged me to run it with her... so on January 31, 2010 I signed up for my first half. Who knew less than a year later I would be running in my first marathon!? I sure didn't think so!

I am so thankful for my BFF because without her I would not be the runner I am today. June 6, 2010 was the first time either of us had ever ran 13.1 miles! Now, only 7 months later I will be running 26.2 miles. So excited.

Anyways, I have been looking into "Pace Tattoos" so I could keep a gage on where I am and I finally came across something that is free! Thought I would share it with you all!

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/pacing/javascriptCalcs3-v3.asp

It's pretty cool! I plan on attaching it to my water belt because I am not putting that darn thing on my wrist have have it chafe me or something! My friend told me yesterday that a girl she knows wore an iPod arm band for the first time for her marathon and by the time she finished she was covered in blood. Her husband thought she had been shot, I do not want my spectators thinking that!

My parents are coming into town for the race! So excited that they will be there with my hubby to support me, I know they will give me something to look forward to while in the "dark place."

Can you see me!? ...I hope not, cause I am not there!
2009 Race Start
Anyways, happy Wednesday... I wish it was Sunday already!! Can you tell I am excited?!

No comments:

Post a Comment