Nov 8, 2011

Women's Half Marathon 2011

I wanted a sub 2 hour half this year. 
So I pushed. I pushed hard. 
I PRed!!
1:53:34

Awwwh, feels good to get that out of the way. 
Now on to the next goal, but not before I tell you all about the Women's Half Marathon!!

Per my crazy non planning self I signed up Tuesday of last week. I have been planning to PR for Miami Half in December BUT I felt ready & I had a few friends running it... I was not to be left behind! 

Race started at 7am... I left my house at 6:40am. 
How awesome is that!?
I wasn't even late, the starting line is less than a mile away from my front door!

It was COLD. So happy that I got to the start line at 6:50... 
but 5 minutes before the gun was to go off I discovered that I needed to pee. 
So I had to stop around mile 3, but no biggie. I pee super fast! 


The race was fun, they changed the course up a little from last year, which I love. I hate doing the same course twice. I like surprises... but I didn't see the GU around mile 6/7. Shame on me for relying on the course for my fuel. Good thing it was only a half or I would have been pissed off!
 I just made sure to drink extra Gatorade and I was fine. 

Mile 9 to 10 was the hardest and you can tell by my time... it was my slowest mile, it was also hilly! 
But once I hit mile 10 and saw that I could be well under 2 hours I picked it up and ran as fast as my legs let me.

Throughout the Half there were ladies biking the course helping motivate runners! I thought that was pretty awesome but miles 12/13 were SUPER awesome for me because TWO of my friends were biking these miles which made me pick up my feet and push as hard as I could! 

Thanks Courtney & Ginger, you guys totally lifted my spirits while my legs were screaming STOP!

Official Clock Time: 
1:53:34 
FREAKING AWESOME!!

Isn't this metal super cute!? I love that the charm inside comes off & you can wear it everyday on a necklace! 


This is the first race I really left all I had on the course.  
I like knowing that I gave it my all. 
(BTW I would like my legs back! I am still a little sore!!) 

Afterwards friends & I went out for breakfast/lunch at the Orange Table! 

I just met the two ladies in the middle & they are AWESOME! Why are runners so cool?! 

Mimosa's to celebrate our awesome PR's!

Gotta represent the TRIBE

 Such a fun race but the after party was much more fun! It is so amazing to have healthy & fit friends. I really don't know what I would do without my Cholla Chicks & Tribe friends. They are awesome & it makes being fit even more fun!!


What makes you love running & being healthy? 

6 comments:

  1. I love the company (you!) and discovering I'm capable of much more than I thought. I love being outside and being social without any guilt! :) You did so good Mandi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a rock star! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED reading your race report Mandi!!! You did SO AMAZING!!! I won't be at NOv. Adventure run but let me know if ur going to the next one & we HAVE to meet up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are adorable!! I need to introduce you to my fit friend Trisha so she can run with you gals!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with that PR. It was such a fun day, but just a tad cold. So cool cheering you on and seeing that strong finish!!! From the sidelines you never know if cheering is helping or distracting so it's good to hear that it worked for you!

    ReplyDelete