Feb 29, 2012

Ragnar Del Sol - Cholla Chicks Ultra Team

This may have not been a REAL ultra...
 but it was a RAGNAR ULTRA

An all GIRL ultra... Cholla Chicks


girl freaking power!!
HAPPY HAPPY MANDI.

We decorated our van...

With CHOLLA'S!! 
Aren't these freaking awesome!? 
We have some pretty creative girls on our team... named AMY
This was ALL HER...


Our sweet homemade tutu's & shirts
Amy, Sue, Christy, Emily, Mandi, Emz
 When EMZ said that she under estimated the "party" factor of Ragnar... 
Well, I am pretty sure we filled her in quite well... 
Don't you think!?

Jeff, our co-pilot with Sue being silly!

Where's Waldo? 

This was a tough relay. Wow, but worth it.


Leg 1 - 11.5 miles - Friday 1:30pm: 
HOT HOT HOT, but I kept pace. Made it with lots of water pouring all over my head & shirt.

Leg 2 - 13.1 miles - Saturday 1:20am:
Love night runs... not to sure about all the hills. It was hard. I was close to pace but still 15-20 seconds off. Going up hill at night makes it easier but not easy. When I stopped my entire left leg got a cramp and I had to stand at the finish for a few minutes for it to go away so I could walk again. I knew the next leg was going to be HARD. Especially mid-day with LOTS of hills.

Leg 3 - 4.7 + the should have been 6ish miles - Saturday 11am:
Started off feeling much better than I did at 3am. My legs were going to have a hard time but I didn't want to let the team down. around mile 3ish my legs started cramping again & I knew I was not going to be able to finish the next half of my leg. So I texted Emz... seriously. SHE. SAVED. MY. DAY. Thank you so much for taking the next 6 miles of my leg. They were rolling hills & Emz killed it. OF COURSE! She rocks. My hero. :-D

This was an awesome experience.
And I can't wait for next year! I am hill training & eating right so my legs don't give out on me. 

These girls made this awesome. & just like Emz said... we were a happy non-catty bunch. Damn straight. Cholla Chicks rocked Wickenburg to Tempe! 


Honorable Mentions 
*Our Three Boy "cholla chicks"*
They should have their own post. 
(note that's not going to happen I am lazy)

Ked: Driver.
Jeff: Co-pilot, water runner, motivator, dad. 
Joel: Second truck support & motivator.

If you ever do a Ragnar Ultra. Make sure you have your crew. We would not have been able to do this as smoothly without these three guys. Not once did we think about directions, running out of ice or ANYTHING... and we are needy women! They were are support & without them we probably would have had a "Catty" problem.

THANK YOU GUYS.
SERIOUSLY.

& THANK you Cholla's. 
I heart you <3

2 comments:

  1. You
    Are
    So
    Freaking
    Awesome.

    Loooooooooved this opportunity.
    And if I may add --- ummmmm girl--- you picked the hardest legs of them all.
    Next time mrs captain, choose the early am runs. Your first leg was a BEAST!!
    I freaking love you.
    Ked rocked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing! I'm so proud of you all for rocking this out and doing so great!

    ReplyDelete