Mar 27, 2012

Xterra Black Canyon Half Marathon

Brutal course doesn't even begin to describe it.
LOVED IT... 
doesn't even begin to describe it.

While on the bus to the start I was talking with a friend and she mentioned how we do this BECAUSE it is hard. LOVED that & thought of it quite a few times during the LONG BRUTAL hills. 

The desert was BEAUTIFUL. We had just gotten a bunch of rain the weekend prior, which made the entire desert green. #sososososopretty






I fell once... around mile 5/6ish on a Jeep Road, cause I am good like that. 
But it wasn't too bad of a fall since I didn't notice the pain over the pain of running up 10ish miles of hills.

Yes, I enjoy pain...
I also carried Gatorade, which I haven't done in forever because lately my legs have been wanting to cramp up on me. I also ate an entire package of Shot Blocks before... 
I had way TOO MUCH SUGAR for me... BUT I didn't cramp, so it was a success!! :)

Finished in 2:28 
4th female in my AG out of 12... so I call that a good day! 
Next year I plan on being on that darn podium!



Good lookin' bunch of Tribe athletes if you ask me! :)
*of course I had to leave before I could join*
Best part of running with these people, the ones up there^^^? 
All the AMAZING SUPPORT they give out like candy! 
Seriously... I came in around 2:28
WAY after all of them and they were all cheering for me! 

I am a LUCKY girl =D

8 comments:

  1. Lady.
    You rock.
    Love the cactus photo.
    4th in AG...you know I love THAT.

    Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, love it! I got 4th just for you Emz!! :)

      Delete
  2. Seriously. You are a ROCK STAR and make me want to do MORE!! Awesome race and how cute are your long legs???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously. You are a ROCK STAR and make me want to do MORE!! Awesome race and how cute are your long legs???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you invite grandma? You did great and you better make the podium next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not... Didn't even think about it either, totally lame! :(

      Delete
  5. Hills...girl?! You are a rockstar! Sounds like a killer course and to get 4th in your AG....awesome! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Job! I might have to look into that course, it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete