Apr 22, 2012

Brian Mickelsen Memorial Marathon, PR =D

Who races in Cottonwood, AZ.

This GIRL + 4 other Cholla Chicks

The race was Saturday so we all went up Friday after work, picked up our packets...
and I ended up in the FULL Marathon box! #withmymetal

 
#onlythingididntlikeaboutthisrace 
#metalsshouldbegiventoyouatthefinishline

This was a FUN race!!
 The course was AMAZING! 
So many different terrains #pavement #dirtroads #trails #pavedpaths

 

I LOVE running with friends!!

I seriously said I was having the best time at least every mile!
SueBug & I ran the first 16ish miles together which made this feel more like a training run.

The first 4/5 miles were on pavement going out of town.
Miles 5-16 DIRT ROAD. #shouldhaveworntrailshoes
My feet were getting BEAT UP.

After mile 16 was 17... the largest hill probably
IT was AMAZiNG. 
I ran up that hill like no other!!
#thankyouCamelbackWednesdaymorninghillrun

The next 10 miles were tough but they are suppose to be. 
I AM RUNNING A MARATHON!!!

Around mile 21 I got a cramp in my left foot.
I'm pretty sure it was from all the stomping on sharp rocks #oops

IT SUCKED. My foot curled in and wanted to die.
BUT, I was NOT going to let that happen.
I walked that s*~t out and started running again.

Mile 22 aid station SAVED my life. :))
PURPLE GATORADE & ORANGES!!!!
IT was the BOOST I needed :)))

The next couple miles I delt with walking until the cramps went away enough to run. 
I NEEDED my pickle juice at mile 18.
Now I know this IS necessary. My muscles need that sodium. 
Gatorade & Gu's don't do it for me.
From this day on I promise to carry my PJuice! 
BUT none the less, this RUN ROCKED!!!!!!!!!! 
AND My peeps rock...
 As I was finishing...
Wait, what is that in my hand???

Need a closer look...


YEAH! BACON!!!!




We might have problems. 
:)

I finished in... 4:16!!!!!!!
OMG. Last marathon.... 5:03 :-)

IT WAS AWESOME!
I am still SO SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY & PROUD of myself!
I didn't even feel like I was going die.
IT WAS AWESOME.
As Sue came in a bit later we all joined her & finished together... 
cause that is how the Cholla Chicks Roll!


Water you might think? NO those are mimosa's from the one and only BT!!!! 

SueBUG finished 2nd in her Age Group... 

Well... and I.
I finished 3rd OVERALL Woman...
and 1st in my AGE GROUP!
#ishouldntsayitbut...iloveSMALLraces :)

Don't mess with the MDie. ;-D

All and ALL I would rate this race as THE BEST. I HAVE DONE.

The volunteers were AMAZING.
Seriously, there were volunteers at almost every mile.
Guess how many WATER STATIONS there were?  
20!!!

I recommend EVERYONE doing this race.
#butweartrailshoes
#myfeetarekillingme
 -----------------------------------------------------------------
The other THREE Cholla's did the half marathon & loved it too!!
#number3didnotwantherpicturetaken
I believe 2 out of 3 got PR'S!!!!!!
#superawesome :)

6 comments:

  1. A PR & you walked. Holy. Crap.
    Girl.
    Boston or bust!
    YFGT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be amazing.... As long as you run the race too... then I have someone to chase!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline! It is AWeSOME to see that progress!!

      Delete
  3. I'M STILL SMILING TOO!!! YOU looked AMAZING at the finish. Fresh and smiling. I want to be you. SO PROUD of you!! You da best!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you are too sweet Aimswa!! You looked great too!! Can't wait for our next one :))))

      Delete