Apr 26, 2012

Reflections of a Marathon PR


I decided that I was running for fun when I started this 26.2
I had only ran one other marathon and it did NOT go as planned.
I was NERVOUS
I felt as though not everyone believed I could even do it...

So I raced conservatively.
I did NOT leave it all on the course.
I WALKED. I STOPPED. 

I had lots of FUN :)


I stopped to snap pictures of Sue & a snake...
a snake that was dead (thanks for letting me know Sue!)


I finished in 4:16. 
Makes me wonder what more I can do.
Time to start believing in myself more.

I can't wait to sign up for a SERIOUS marathon now that I know I can do it.

Funny the tricks our minds can play on us. 





BELIEVE in YOURSELF. Because I say so :)

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous post! Congrats on the completed and successful marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just stumbled onto you blog... congrats on your 2nd marathon! 26.2 miles ain't nothing to scoff at. I can't imagine running/walking for four hours!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin! Thanks it was a great experience, can't wait for my next one! :)

      Delete
  3. Loved this post!
    Congrats on a great marathon and I can't wait to read about some more marathon butt kicking in the future!

    ReplyDelete