Jun 13, 2012

Someday

Swim. Bike. Run.
I like it, I love it, I want some more of it!

I have been swimming twice a week, biking once and running three to four times.

Swim:
For the past two weeks I have been getting KILLER headaches about 10-20 minutes into my swim... thank goodness for Google, I searched around reading some forms and then it hit me... My last OWS I tighten my goggles up before I got in the water! Why? I have no idea, I guess I didn't want that water getting in my eyes! Hahaha, so last night I headed to the pool hopeful that loosening up my goggles fixed my headache problems... and you know what?! IT DID! I did a quick 1000m and my head didn't hurt at all! YAY!

Bike:
I think I could really get into biking, the past two Saturdays I have went out and enjoyed every minute on the bike. BUT I have only been biking on Saturdays! I need to start biking more, at least twice a week... but I am still nervous about going out especially by myself. I know it's not that scary and I should just plunge right in but I can't seem to make myself get up in the morning and pull out the bike instead of my running shoes. My running shoes are so much more familiar than my bike shoes. It is funny how we get so used to one thing that it makes getting outside our comfort zone to do something else so hard.

Any suggestions to help me put my bike shoes on in the morning and ditch those running shoes? 


Run:
I did my longest run this past Sunday and it was awesome! The Cholla Chicks and I headed out to the Phoenix Preserve and did 8.5 miles on the BEAUTIFUL trails! We are so lucky to have such beautiful preserves right here in the middle of one the largest cities. My foot is 100% and I am more than grateful that my minor set back was just that and nothing more serious.

= Triathlete?
Not yet... but soon. My first race will be the Anthem Sprint, August 25th!
I CANNOT WAIT! 

7 comments:

  1. Too funny about the goggles. I've had that headache before w/ new pairs before I got them adjusted.

    So here's your incentive--seriously, seriously, triathlons are ALL about the bike. With a running background, you'll be fine there. But the biggest chunk of time is the bike Get it down and you will be golden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I got to just get on and get over it! #ijustneedpeopletellingmethingslikethis Thanks!!

      Delete
  2. Oh Mandi with an I! Love where you're going and hope to follow soon. I gotta get this ultra done first then I dust off the bike!! I will start asking you more about biking. Thursday night group ride??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You best know where this is going girlfriend! Get your butt on the bike! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oh Mandi with an I! Love where you're going and hope to follow soon. I gotta get this ultra done first then I dust off the bike!! I will start asking you more about biking. Thursday night group ride??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it up Mandi! Can't wait to be out there training with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally relate...I have my first Tri on July 28. It was tough to embrace the bike and leave my running shoes. Totally get it. But just schedule your training and then stick to it...you only get more comfortable by doing! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete