Aug 20, 2012

Gators setting the bar high

Well, if you know me you know I LOVE Florida. 
But this post has nothing to do with Florida... really.

Gatortoe SOCKS! #ihavethebestfriendsever
One of my friends who lives in Florida did his first sprint tri yesterday and HE got FIRST in his AG!! He was in town last week and I told him not to do too good cause I wanted to do just as well as him for my race (which is this upcoming Saturday, YAY!!!!)... Needless to say now I have to kick a lot of butt and take names!! 
Thanks for keeping the bar high J; I freaking got this!! ;-)


This past week has been a fun one. 
I got to ride with my favorite pregnant women! 
#onlyGmadeitinthepicturecauseshewasontime

I love riding with them cause I can keep up. 
They are both AMAZING cyclist and rock when they don't have a baby weighing them down... well they are still ROCKING of course just at my pace :) 


I also got to go to a transition clinic this weekend put on by the one and only Amy Kloner
It was SUPER informative but I have to admit I am scared about this whole tri thing. I need to remember a lot things!! But that is why I am starting out with a sprint and working my way up :) 


Any advise for my first sprint tri? 
It is reverse... so at least I will not smell so bad when I finish!!
:)


SHOUT OUTS:
Ummm, pretty sure I can't believe I haven't mentioned three of my favorite CHOLLA CHICKS completed  their first 51k Ultra a couple weeks ago!! THEY rocked it and I am so proud of them!!! One of them even got 1st in her AG! #rockstars

Also congrats to my friend BT who just completed his first 70.3 yesterday!!!

#myfriendsaresofreakingawesome

3 comments:

  1. Love the socks! Very stylish and different...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck this weekend!!
    Deep breaths and stay calm then you won't make a crazy mistake in transition. Like running out with your helmet still on your head, it wasn't me it was....um...my friend. Yeah,my friend. ;-)
    Remember to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, oh no! I will keep that in mind... #channelingcalmness :)

      Delete