Oct 30, 2012

Javelina Jundred 2012 - Pacing for the WINNER!

A couple months ago I got an email from my friend Jess asking if I would be interested in pacing a girl that works for Livewire Energy  for the Javelina Jundred
#ourTriTreamhadrecentlytriedthemoutandiguessthatishowtheymet 
I of course said yes with out a beat because I have a NEED to be around crazies as myself.

Meet Kate.
This was her at the start... 

I was not at the start but I swear she looked just as fresh as she did in this picture above as she did when I showed up at the end of her 3rd loop (46miles). 
It was then I knew she was going to kill it.
I believe she left on her 4th loop in 4th or 5th place.
I don't even know how to describe the day.
It was amazing.
Her crew was amazing.
She is one lucky girl to have so many amazing supporters!
Her Dad, Boyfriend, Brother, Boyfriends Parents & her friend & other pacer.
The plan was to have her friend pacer go from 60-75, then me from 75-90 & for her final loop her boyfriend #howsweetisthat :)
The plan was a good one. SHE KILLED the entire race and didn't seem to start struggling until very very late in the race and she still did it and did it AWESOME.

FIRST FEMALE and ONLY woman to finish under 20 hours.
#iseriouslycryeverytimeithinkaboutit
This was her FIRST 101+ miler and she was SO STRONG.
19:59.45
364 people started the race, 160 finished
Smiling... cause she rocks!

Kate getting a pep talk from her amazing boyfriend!
The crew trying to get her everything she needed so she could head out again as fast as possible 

Holding her FIRST PLACE trophy!!!
#sheonlyfeelonce
 #itoldheritmadeherseemmorelegit
Awesome trophy Kate!!!

Kate and her three pacers!

Kate was super thoughtful and got me this bracelet that I LOVE and can't wait to wear it during my marathon this upcoming weekend cause I will remember her and all her amazing-ness!! 

AS I RUN, AS I RUN, THE UNIVERSE IS RUNNING WITH ME 

Such an inspiration.
BUT I'm not sure if I will be pulling one of these out of my hat anytime soon :)

And the whole AMAZING CREW!!

#thankyoutoRyanwhoIstoldmostofthesephotosfromcauseIsuckattakingpictures

5 comments:

  1. Kate is my cousin and we are all so very proud of her. Not only is she a wonderful person, but she is also an amazing role model for all the littles in our family. Her smile and silliness lights up the room. We all love her dearly and are so inspired by her most recent accomplishment. Thank you for being one of her pacers. Kate, you rock chica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is amazing! It was a pleasure to run with her!

      Delete
  2. So cool!!
    That sounds like such an awesome experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! How great it must feel to be a part of someone's victory like that. Love the bracelet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So amazing! I'd love to do the JJ one day.

    ReplyDelete