Mar 27, 2013

Torchlight 5k Phoenix 2013

Lucky me I WON this entry from the SWEETEST athlete, Missy!

It was my first 5k! 
Since this was a night race I decided to rest all day.
Literally. 
All day I slept and lounged around in my PJs.
It was awesome... 
Start time was 7pm.
& I had Xterra 13.1 mile trail run the next morning
#didyouknowilikeracing??

I meet up with Missy & her husband #hisfirst5ktoo
They are so fun!

I dragged Missy to the FRONT. 

She was not too happy about it but I told her it's easier to not have to pass the walkers and people wearing the race shirts 
#hehethatwasmean 
#butitwassomethingiwastold 
#dontweartheraceshirtfortherace 
#youhaventdonetheraceyet


The first mile I TOOK OFF!
6:32
WOW. that was HARD.
AND it was the fastest mile I have ever ran.

Mile two & three were much nicer 
#notreally at a 7:08 pace!

I have learned that running fast... may cause a few "issues."
But, if you PR, it's worth it! 

Finished in 20:56!!!!!
It is not easy running that fast.
AND I came in THIRD OVERALL WOMAN!!


I won a $25 gift card to Sole Sports!
#yay

Afterwards I had to take off pretty quickly since I had Xterra 13.1 Trail run the next morning... 
I did not have an issue giving away my TWO free BEER tickets...
#thatwasprobablythehardestthingthatnight
=D

Here are my Garmin stats! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment