Mar 28, 2013

Xterra Black Canyon 13.1 Trail Run

Love Xterra.
#youknewthat

I of course just ran the Torchlight 5k the night before... 
PRed & got 3rd overall woman!

After the 5k I stopped for a bean & cheese burrito! 
#myfavoriteafterrunningtreat
Came home & crashed! 

Sunday morning came fast but I was ready! 

I felt pretty good about this race. 
I knew the course from last year & I knew I was better trained.
#ihearthills

I was ready to kick that 2,838 ft in elevation gain! 

First mile was awesome, legs felt a little sleepy but I pulled out an 8:06 pace, which put me around a good group of pacers... the trails are pretty much single track after the first .25 miles so I went a little harder than I planed to go the entire way so I wouldn't get stuck behind the slower group.

About mile 2.26 I saw a girl who had fallen... she couldn't stand up so thankfully I had my phone. #ialwaysrunwithitnow

I called the race crew Sue & told her about the girl... in all I stood there for about 10 minutes
 Watching people fly by... #itwasSOhardforme BUT I KNOW that race karma is better than a race PR. We are out there having fun... helping each other should not even be a question. 

After the short stop I started my Garmin back up and headed out to beat last years time. 
#garminstyle

I felt awesome pretty much the entire race. 
My legs were a little heavy from running the 5k the night before but not bad! 

The fun part of the course are the TWO water crossings! This one is about a mile or so from the finish line...

I was thinkin'...
Ain't NOBODY got time for dis!

The last couple miles right before that water crossing my ankle decided it was tired and started to cramp a little... but nothing too bad! I made it in with an official time of...

2:24.29
And a Garmin time of 
2:18.52
5th in my AG and a PR of 10 minutes over last year! #yay

Being blown into my baby gurl Erin! 
She was out volunteering all day, I LOVE THE VOLUNTEERS!!!

Jake and I checking out our AMAZING results! ;-)


Best part about Xterra races... 
POST RACE FUEL & FRIENDS!

Me photo bombing HOLLY's 2nd place AG award... 
She missed it cause she was out getting a beer! #badgirl



OHHHH and the OVERALL 
year results are in and I got third in my age group!


It was fun, who knows... maybe next year I will do all four races! 
#aslongasAngidoesntiwouldhaveachance
=D

HAPPY RACE SEASON EVERYONE!!!

Next up... Vistancia!

5 comments:

  1. That was so nice of you to stay with that girl in the beginning of the race. Great job getting a race PR, sounds like a tough race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. next year I will be an oldie :-( Thanks for making sure that girl was OK and helping her. You are such a great person (and funny too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH Heck yes!!! So excited!! #ihaveachance! =D

      Delete
  3. WHOOOHOOO!!
    I am so proud of you for carrying your phone!!! I bag on my running and cycling friends all the time!! I can't believe how many of them don't carry their phone!
    You are amazing for staying with that girl!! It probably meant the world to her!
    Now that I know someone that does these races I am gonna have to grow a pair and get on with some trail running :-)
    What shoes do you wear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the Saucony Xodus... since I don't trail too often they are no longer for sale... I have been looking a new pair, the Saucony Peregine

      Delete