May 14, 2013

Mandi Runs: Now restricted to H2O

Yep. You read that right.
Mandi with an "i" is restricted to underwater activities.

Stress Fracture in my hip.
#stupidhip

I am guessing it is from some sort of overuse while running... 
form problems maybe?!
#healstrikermandi 


So now I stare at pictures of my beautiful bike while I am at work and when I am home... 
well I stare at her some more. 

SO NOW I'M GOING TO MAKE YOU STARE AT HER!  








Ahhh it's not THAT bad.
4 weeks off from cycling.
6 weeks off from running.
11 weeks until Barb's 70.3
ugh.

I got the OFFICIAL bad news Thursday afternoon.
My Chollas made sure I wasn't to cry alone...
I love my friends.
Suebug cooked for me and Erin made sure my glass wasn't empty!



BUT the good news...
I'm becoming a swimmer!

A swimmer with a shopping problem...

New Headbands...






 New swimsuit #totallyneed
New goggles #totallyneed
New fins... #totallyneed

I know that it's not the end of the world but it does EFFIN SUCK.

Thankfully I can swim for now
 and I can get back on Rosalita in 4 weeks!

If healing goes well I am hopeful that I will still be able to complete Barb's Race. 
#crossyourfingerssayyourprayers 
=D

Thanks for reading my rant friends....
MORE SWIMMING POSTS COMING SOON!

2 comments:

  1. GAH! This is lame-o! So sorry you are sidelined right now. Be patient and be a good patient and I promise you will come out stronger. You have my sugar coated word!! It's sweet, promise ;-)
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the WORST! After my hip stress fracture I switched to mid foot strike and got faster. If that helps. Feel better! Swim fast! You're a rock star and you know it.

    P.S. You wear fins? Am I supposed to use them??

    ReplyDelete