Jun 11, 2013

Back in the Saddle Again

Yesterday was my 4 week Doctors appointment to see how my hip stress fracture was healing.
I GOT THE GOOD TO GO! 
I can now Swim/Ride/Elliptical/Strength Train

How many yellow sushi plates does one have on the day they are allowed to get back in the saddle?
11. Yellow. Sushi Plates.
#random #luckynumber #favoritecolor #favoritefood


Last night I got Rosalita all ready for riding again...
Switched my saddle, replaced my cleats, aired up the tires and got all my gear out of the closet! 

This morning was a beautiful morning for a RIDE!
75* #yesplease
We were excited to get out the door!

So... now that I am riding again I have decided that I am putting my ego in check and going off of HR training. First I will be building up my AEROBIC base...which basically means that I will be going at snail pace since I usually pedal until I can't breath! #oops

I only had to stop once to get my HR in check today and that was at the beginning of the ride... 
I MAY HAVE BEEN EXCITED! 

For the most part staying at 139 (my now zone 3) wasn't all that bad. It was tough going that slow but in time it will help me and for now I know it is helping me "take it easy."


#LOVEaerosmith

SO now I can ride again! 
Two more weeks then I can get back to running!
Swim, Bike, Elliptical Mandi is comin' at cha! 

I don't know about you, but I can't believe how fast those 4 weeks went by?!
I should be on week 7 for my Barb's 70.3 training.
Talking with my doctor I will probably not be able to do the run... BUT the swim and bike should be doable! #happymandi #disappointedBUThappytobehealing

I am so thankful that my hip is healing. AND thank you all for your amazing support and encouragement. I have the best support system a girl could ask for! 
XOXOXOXOXOX

5 comments:

  1. What do you mean, you can't do the run? What happens then? Do you need me to run it? Maybe you could just go slow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I will only have 5 weeks to get up to 10 miles... starting from scratch. It wouldn't be smart to do the run. I may try but I want to make sure I am doing it because I am fully recovered and not just because I can. Don't wanna hurt myself again!

      Delete
    2. 10 miles? I mean 13.1! hahaha see I am already making the run easier!!

      Delete
  2. Yay for getting back in the saddle again! Hope your journey back into it all is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete