Jun 21, 2013

Put your Running Shoes on Mandi!

Yesterday I had butterflies.
Yesterday was my first "run" in 6 weeks.
Yesterday MANDI WAS EXCITED.

Thank goodness for amazing friends.
Andrew, the new guy, got the idea to do the Road Runner Adventure Run.
Mandi was excited! 
My plan was to head to one of the check points then come back, chill, have a beer and relax!
THEN we found out... Big Surf was a check point!
So we headed out... 

AND GOT STUCK IN BIG SURF FOR THE HOUR!

I got to go down the slides four times! It was PERFECT! 
Mandi got in her 3.23 mile run and got to cool down in between while acting like a kid again!

We may not know how to have fun... but we try!!



Thank you guys for being a part of my first run back! 
LOVE MY CHOLLA's #timeseleven

 I am SO happy to report... no pain for at least three weeks maybe almost four! 
The hip is doing well and I am taking it nice and easy.

A hip stress fracture is no fun but the 6 weeks went by somewhat fast. 
SO thankful I am healing and feeling better each day.
So for now... more riding, little bit of running and getting OWSing in as much as possible! 

Barb's Race in 5 weeks!


I. Freaking. Got. This.
#thanksforlettingmestealyourawesomemantraEMZ

3 comments:

  1. YAY for getting to do a run and have a blast doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete